The Customer and The Auto Transport Broker agree as follow:
1. Coast To Coast Logistics – registered with (MC#125173) with U.S. Department of Transportation. This agreement between the customer, (hereinafter referred to as "Customer"), and Coast To Coast Logistics allows Coast To Coast Logistics to contract with another licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s) to transport the vehicle(s) described in this shipping order.
2. Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to your door as is legally and as safely as possible. A mutually agreeable place to load or unload may be necessary because of low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets and residential area restrictions if applicable.
3. Coast To Coast Logistics shall provide Customer with an estimated pick up and estimated delivery date. However, delays may occur prior to, and/or during transport due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, et cetera. Under no circumstances shall a guarantee of pick up or delivery date be honored. Coast To Coast Logistics / Carrier shall not be held responsible for loss or damages occasioned by delays of any kind or for any reason, car rental fees or any accommodation fees. Coast To Coast Logistics / Carrier shall not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle.
4. Coast To Coast Logistics / Carrier jointly and separately are authorized to operate and transport his/her or their motor vehicle between its pick-up location and the destination set forth on this shipping order-bill of lading.
5. Customer must prepare vehicle for transport. All loose parts, fragile accessories, low hanging spoilers, etc. must be removed or secured. Shipper shall remove all non- permanent outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Vehicles must be tendered to carrier in good running condition (unless otherwise noted) with no more than a half tank of fuel (1/4 tank is preferred.) Any part of the vehicle that falls off during transport is the Customer's responsibility including damages caused by said part to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved.
6. Customer must disarm any alarm system installed in the vehicle or provide proper instructions for this matter. In the event said alarm sounds and there are no keys or instructions to turn it off, Carrier may silence alarm by any means necessary.
7. The Customer shall, in its absence, designate someone to act as the Customer's agent at the points of pick up and/or delivery.
8. Luggage and personal property must be confined to trunk only, with no heavy articles, and not to exceed 100 lbs. Carrier and Coast To Coast Logistics is not liable for personal items left in vehicle, nor for damage caused to vehicle from excessive or improper loading of personal items. No private property shall be transported in customer's
vehicle(s) that includes but is not limited to Explosives, Guns, Ammunition, Flammable Products, Narcotics, Negotiable and Legal Papers, Alcoholic Beverages, Jewelry, Furs, Money, Live Pets, Live Plants or any unlawful contraband. Customer agrees that Coast To Coast Logistics / Carrier may confiscate or dispose of said items with no remuneration. Coast To Coast Logistics and Carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of private property. If Customer wishes to put items in the vehicle he does so at his own risk. Vehicle(s) may not have private property when be transferred via ports.
9. International orders, the car must be empty except for factory installed equipment. Please indicate the VIN, and give car's approximate value in U.S. Dollars where applicable. Shipper is responsible for the proper customs paperwork (if you are unsure about the required documents, ask the assigned carrier for help.)
10. If the event that there are any unforeseen delays regarding delivery, federal regulations require that all outstanding freight charges be paid without deductions. The Customer agrees to properly note any damage claimed at the time of the delivery of the Vehicle, and to pay the balance of the delivery charges in cash or certified funds. Damages not noted on the transportation agent's bill of lading will not be honored (no exceptions). Any claim of damage caused by The Auto Transport Broker must be made within 15 days of delivery in writing, specifying the damage claimed. The transportation agent transporting the Vehicle shall be liable for all damage claims arising from the transport. The Customer agrees to file all claims with such transportation agent as identified on the transportation agent's bill of lading/delivery receipt, and to bring any legal action for damages against such transportation agent only. The Customer agrees to release and hold harmless The Auto Transport Broker from any such claims.
11. After the Customer makes the Vehicle available to The Auto Transport Broker for transport, The Auto Transport Broker shall use its best efforts to deliver the Vehicle in an expedient manner. However, The Auto Transport Broker does not guarantee the date or time of delivery.
12. If the vehicle is inoperable or oversized (e.g. dually trucks or other extra-large trucks, racks, lifted trucks, limousines, etc.,) Customer must inquire as to extra charges. If Coast To Coast Logistics is not advised of inoperable condition, or oversized or modified vehicles prior to pick-up, extra fees may be assessed and must be paid in cash or money order upon delivery without exception.
13. Once a carrier has been assigned to pick up and transport Customer's vehicle Coast To Coast Logistics notifies the Customer via phone. American Premium Logistics requires that you keep your phone number up to date for the duration of your move.
14. In the event that Customer cancels this Contract for any reason, Customer must have made a cancellation via email. These emails must contain the heading CANCELLATION OF MY ORDER and must be addressed to
firstname.lastname@example.org . We do not accept cancellations via phone call. Orders may be cancelled at any time, but Customer is only eligible for refunds prior to the assignment of a driver. The assignment of a driver constitutes rendition of service. Once a driver has been assigned, the deposit is non-refundable. Once Coast To Coast Logistics dispatch service has provided a truck driver all sales are considered final. The Auto Transport Broker a minimum cancellation charge of $100.00 in addition to any other amounts due under this Contract. A "dry run" fee may be assessed in the event Customer is unavailable or unwilling to provide the Vehicle for transportation as of the first date of availability as designated on the shipping form.
15. The Customer agrees that Coast To Coast Logistics has the right to reject any order for any reason at any time.
16. At the time of pick up, Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damage by completing a vehicle inspection report. Only damage to the exterior of Customer's vehicle may be included. The Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a copy of the Bill of Lading.
17. At the time of delivery, Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for transportation damages. The Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
18. Damage must be noted in the properly on the Bill of Lading and signed by the Customer, regardless of weather, or time of day. By signing the Bill of Lading and inspection report without notation of any damage, the Customer agrees that they have received the vehicle(s) in satisfactory condition, and that Coast To Coast Logistics, Carrier, and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Trucking damage claims are covered by a minimum of 3/4 of million dollars public liability and property damage. All claims must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of delivery. Coast To Coast Logistics will share the carrier insurance policy upon request.
As outlined in Section 10761 of the Interstate Commerce Act (49 USC 10761) the payment of freight charges may not be postponed due to alleged loss or damage. These charges should be paid in full and the portion applicable to the lost or damaged item should be included in the freight claim. The following items are important to remember:
• Claims and payment of freight charges are two entirely different transactions.
• ICC regulations prohibit withholding payment of freight bills because of a pending claim (Administrative Ruling No. 128)
• Without payment of the freight charges, payment for transportation has not been made. A valid claim will not be paid until freight charges are made.
19. Carrier accepts responsibility of vehicle after pre-inspection is done and is signed by Customer. Carrier
responsibility will end when the vehicle is delivered and Customer signs final inspection.
20. Coast To Coast Logistics / Carrier will not be responsible for damage caused by Acts of God, hail or storm damage, or damage resulting from worn/broken parts of vehicle/item.
21. Customer shall, in their absence, designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pick up and/or delivery, if for any reason, they are unavailable.
22. Customer warrants that he/she will pay the transportation price/deposit due to Coast To Coast Logistics / Carrier in full and will not make to attempt to offset any dispute for damage claims and/or delays etc. from freight (transport) charges! It is the Customer's responsibility to have any payment due when the Carrier arrives. All payments for Carrier must be in the form of Cash, Cashier's Check or Money Order, or any other Certified Fund without exception. Certified funds must be made payable to the delivering Carrier and not Coast To Coast Logistics Personal checks or credit cards will NOT be accepted for the remaining balance, without exception! Customer agrees that if the payment cannot be made by these methods, the vehicle/item will be stored at the Customer's expense until Customer pays in full all transport charges. Should the Customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle or item will be placed in storage. All storage and delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Customer.
23. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida.
24. The parties here agree that all actions or proceedings arising about this agreement shall be tried and litigated exclusively in the State or Federal (if permitted by law and a party elects to file an action in federal court) courts located in Broward County, in the State of Florida.
25. This Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof. It supersedes all prior negotiations, letters and understandings relating to the subject matter hereof.
26. This Contract may not be amended, supplemented or modified in whole or in part except by an instrument in writing signed by the party or parties against whom enforcement of any such amendment, supplement or modification is sought.
27. No person, other than The Auto Transport Broker's transportation agent and other agents, shall be deemed to possess any third-party beneficiary right pursuant to this Contract. It is the intent of the parties hereto that no direct benefit to any third party, other than The Auto Transport Broker's transportation agent and other agents, is intended or implied by the execution of this Contract. The Auto Transport Broker's transportation agent and other agents are express third party beneficiaries of the terms of this Contract.
28. The Auto Transport Broker's responsibility for the Vehicle commences when the bill of lading is issued and signed by the driver and terminates when the Vehicle is signed for at destination.
29. The Auto Transport Broker or any of its agents shall not be liable for damages, including without limitation any of the following, not caused by their negligence:
• Damage caused by fluids, acids, cooling system antifreeze, industrial fallout or damage caused by acts of God. • Damage that is undetectable due to Vehicle's condition or glass damage caused by normal wear and road use. • Mechanical malfunctions, exhaust assembly, frame, alignment, tire damage, soft top convertibles, suspension,
tuning of engine or damage that is a result of tie downs tearing or breaking.
• Auto rental accruals.
• Damage resulting from the Vehicle being overloaded.
• Damage to the Vehicle because it cannot be driven on or off transporter under its own power or has defective or
insufficient brakes, parking brake or parking gear.
This agreement and any shipment here under is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier's tariff and the uniform straight bill of lading, copies of which are available at the office of the carrier.
This supersedes all prior written or oral representation of Coast To Coast Logistics and constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and Coast To Coast Logistics and may not be changed except in writing signed by an officer of Coast To Coast Logistics
Coast To Coast Logistics U.S. Department of Transportation Broker's license number is 125173.
Coast To Coast Logistics LLC
(201) 374-7281 email@example.com